Stila, Anastasia & First Aid Beauty Haul
It is no secret how much I love to splurge on makeup, so the combination of me being sick at home and being bored with complete access to online shopping, is dangerous. Here's the end result:
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina - I have to say this was an impulse buy after browsing around Instagram and finding a picture of this amazing Kiley Jenner-ish lipstick. I immediately started stalking all pictures of this mauve color that I still didn't own with #StilaPatina... so catchy! But before we get into details, please note that I am not a fan of Kiley's ridiculously overdrawn lips, but I do have to admit I am a fan of her lip color choices. #NotSorry
- Formulation: I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting a stain but it turns out this formulation is exactly what it says it is: a liquid lipstick. Although I cannot say it lives to its claim of "stay all day" I must say it stays on the lips for a good 3-4 hours top.
- First Impression: When you first put it on your lips, it feels like a more liquid version of a lipgloss, but then it slowly starts setting into a matte formulation without making your lips feel dry.
- Verdict: Love the formulation of this lipstick and Patina is the perfect shade to transition from winter to spring. Recommended!
Anastasia Brow Whiz - Like seriously, what real beauty blogger doesn't own this gem?! Of course I needed to get my hands on it! This is one of those things that I used to say "why would I need that when I have Mac's Espresso eye shadow and a good brow brush?". Boy was I wrong! I don't even know where to start... This is definitely not a gimmick, and once you start using it you will understand what all the buzz is about.
- Formulation: The shade "Soft Brown" is perfect for my highlighted brunette hair, since it's noticeable yet subtle.
- First Impression: This gives you the perfect natural brows without feeling overdrawn, something that usually happens with powders. Looking in the mirror, I could seriously tell the difference and how perfect they looked. And that little brush at the other end is a blessing from the skies!
- Verdict: We've officially reached "obsessed" status. This is a must have for everyone who OCD's over their eyebrows.
First Aid Beauty - After falling in love with their Facial Radiance Pads, I went ahead and purchased their Fab Faves To Go Kit and their lip balm to try some new products from them and get more toner pads! Here's what I think of each product:
- Formulation: I can agree with the website's description of its whipped formulation: "A mild face cleanser that feels luxurious".
- First Impression: I liked the creamy consistency, but I am not loving how it works with my Clarisonic Mia. I would love to see more foam.
- Verdict: Maybe this kind of cream cleansers doesn't work as well if you have oily skin... I still don't know if its giving me acne! Have any of you had this type of problem?
- Formulation: This product is gentle enough so you can use it in your face. The website claims this product "delivers exceptional hydration and protection with no greasy petroleum".
- First Impression: It is very thick! It does what it claims, but I don't think I need this much hydration.
- Verdict: I like the consistency, but I don't suffer from dry skin so I gave it to my mom. I would definitely recommend it for someone with super dry skin.
- Formulation: It is very thick and apparently has the same healing power as their Ultra Repair Cream.
- First Impression: Love the minty smell!!
- Verdict: Even though I don't dislike it, I'd rather stick to my trusty Carmex balm for my nighttime routine.
What do you think of this type of reviews? Let me know so I can keep doing them if you dig them. :)