June 2014 Favorites
So June is over! These are the things that have made me happy this month:
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso: If you still don't know what the hell you want to do with your life or where to go, read this book. It's written by Nasty Gal's founder/ CEO, and follows the unconventional way she got to the top of the business game before turning 30. Girl power at its finest.
- Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer: For me to spend $35 on a BB Cream says it all. Not only does it work as a primer, it has the weirdest/ best consistency ever while having a light/medium coverage. Also, I love that it has SPF 30.
- Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer: Since I have been loving Tarte Cosmetics so much lately, I decided to try this concealer after switching my very well loved Benefit Erased Paste routine. Although I am not yet convienced of its "creaslessness", I do like that it covers my undereye circles pretty well while leaving a healthy dewy finish on my complexion.
- Tarte's Maracuja Oil Rollerball: After reading a lot about the facial oils hype, I decided to finally purchase Tarte's version to see if it was worth it, and YES! It does help! I'm planning on buying the full size as soon as I run out.
- Maybelline's ColorSensational Color Elixir Lip Color in Signature Scarlet: Tried this just because I had a coupon and found a gem! It's longwearing and it feels like a lipgloss but it's definitely a stain.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze: I have a long hate relationship with this multitasking product. But for the past months, I have found that this to gives me a really healthy/ bronzy glow perfect for summer.
- Journaling: Apart from the fact that I love stationary, I've always loved keeping a journal. But ever since I started working full time 2 years ago, I am usually really tired after work, which makes me forget how relaxing writing is to me. So I decided to buy one of those cute notebooks that Marshalls always has, and started writing at the end of most days, which has been a huge therapy for me. Maybe I will start writing in the mornings also to see what happens. :)
What are your monthly favorites?