Why You Should Stop Caring About What Other People Think
We've all been there. Whether it's from someone who doesn't get us, someone who underestimates us or just someone who diminishes our accomplishments. Caring about what other people think is annoying and it can take the best of us. I hate to say it, but I have been a victim of this my whole life. I especially get triggered when someone doesn't get a glimpse of all the love and hard work I put into everything that I do.
Admit it, we are always judging people. We judge people's past, life decisions and wardrobe choices. It's wrong, we know if, but we still do it. But once you get clear on your life path, you start seeing the world in a totally different light and you stop judging people as much. You start to realize that accomplishing your goals is not easy and that it requires a lot of getting out of your comfort zone and doing things that are not in line with society's norm. I myself, have seen this first hand. I practically put 50% and sometimes 75% of my life out there for people to read, like and share. It's terrifying!
But this is how I learned to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and ask myself: Why do we need to look for validation for others when we are living out life's true purpose? Here is what I've found:
- Misery loves company! People who hate their lives usually look for ways to make your life look as miserable as theirs.
- There's so much beauty behind being underestimated. Work in silence and let success be the noise.
- Nobody has your life experiences or point of views. Why should you follow someone else's path? You know exactly how to make your situations work for you. If you don't, keep looking. There is no basic template for life.
- You are the only one in charge of your life. If I paid attention to what other people think or say of me, I would probably be living a totally different life. A miserable life that is.
- There's beauty in proving people wrong. Follow Bruno Mars' lead and sing "Don't believe me just watch!"
- Caring about what other people think of you is a waste of energy. Just imagine using all the energy you have wasted caring about what other people thought into your own projects?!
- You are not what other people think of you. You are what you think of yourself and you better believe you are a QUEEN!
- Surround yourself with people who care and support your goals. This is the best way to silence the negative talk!
Now I want to know about you! How do you manage not caring about what other people think of you?
Until next time,