Mother's Day Gift Guide
First, I have to say THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to personally write me after last week's extremely emotional post. Sharing that post was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done, so your support meant everything to me and I'm so glad to know I helped you somehow. That's why I thought this week was time for a much lighter post and decided to share with you guys a cool gift guide for all of the moms in your life.
But before I begin I have to sat that the girls from Bien Cool were kind enough to send me some of their super funny postcards. If you're looking to make even the most serious person smile, go with one of these. My mom already knows I will be giving her this one, because it's legit and I just love that it has the word "vagina" in it! I highly recommend usingPostales Bien Cool this Mother's Day. Specially if you have a super conservative mom like I do. lol (Sorry, not sorry, Mami)
Here are the perfect gifts depending on what type of mom you're buying for. Hope it helps!
For the Beauty Junkie
This mom probably never leaves the house without makeup, a good perfume and is crazy about makeup. So make sure you get her some upgraded basics. Here are some recommendations:
- A pretty makeup bag - Depending on your budget, you could get her a beautiful affordable makeup bag like this one or you could splurge and find her a designer makeup bag like this Gucci Blossoms one.
- Fancy Perfume - Don't get her a basic perfume. Ask a Sephora sales person to help you find an exotic scent based on your mom's personality. I would suggest anything by Maison Margiela, Jo Malone, Atelier Cologne or my personal favorites, Elizabeth and James.
- Nail Polish Set - Anything a little bit fancier than your regular OPI and Essie will be perfect. I would suggest Deborah Lippmann or Butter London. They're both cruelty-free! :)
- Luxury Makeup Item - I could say buy her Chanel or YSL, which to me they're the ultimate luxury makeup brands, but sadly, they both test on animals. I would suggest going for cruelty-free options like Charllote Tillburry and Chantecaille (specially for skincare).
- Makeup Brush Set - If she's a true makeup junky, she can't have enough makeup brushes! So get her a cool set like this one by Sigma or if you have the budget, the Artis Ten Brush Set.
click to shop:
For the Gym Mom
This mom is most likely always on the go. So make her life easier and practical with these fitness basics:
- Wearable Fitness Tracker - An Apple Watch or a Fitbit will do.
- A gym bag with toiletries - Get her a gym bag by adidas by Stella McCartney and fill it with dry shampoo, makeup remover wipes and this super cute gym emergency kit. She'll love you even more.
- Athleisure Basics - A cool pair of leggings and some tennis shoes will do! Just make sure they match her style.
click to shop:
For the Fancy Mom
If you have the budget, this is your time to splurge on your mom! If she's a stylish person, she most likely appreciates luxury brands, so here are some suggestions. I'll leave some more budget friendly options. ;)
- An everyday handbag - This Chloe satchel will make her go crazy! But if you have a more limited budget, I would suggest going for anything by Rebecca Minkoff.
- Fancy Sandals - These Giuseppe Zanotti sandals are out of this world and will definetely make a statement during summer parties. But if your don't have the budget, I found some more budget friendly dupes here, here and here.
- A luxury makeup item - Just as I said in the beauty junkie section, I could say buy her Chanel or YSL, which to me they're the ultimate luxury makeup brands, but sadly, they both test on animals. I would suggest going for cruelty-free options like Charllote Tillburry and Chantecaille (specially for skincare).
- A statement evening bag - There's a big chance she loves animal print! So get her this super stylish and Instagram friendly evening pouch. If she's not into animal print, I found more minimal and affordable options here, here and here.
- Designer sunglasses - Because duh! Dior is always a good idea. But if you have a lower budget, you can never go wrong with some mirrored Ray Ban Aviators, Quay Australias or Le Specs.
click to shop:
For the HGTV Lover
The odds this mom likes to be surrounded by pretty things around her house are pretty big! So here are some beautiful things you could get her:
- Anything Jonathan Adler - Specially his metallic zebra dish! Get it in gold here.
- A cool decorative pillow - Make any bed or sofa change seasons with just one item. If she has a bohemian decor look, go for this floral one or tassel one. If she has a neutral look go for this one and if she has a sense of humor, go for this one.
- Luxury Home Fragance - You can never go wrong with anything by Diptyque or Jo Malone.
- Fancy Coasters - Again, go with Jonathan Adler. I found some cool options here, here and here.
click to shop:
For the Boss Mom
This could be the hardest mom to buy for! She most likely has everything she wants, because she can get it herself (yas kween!). So I would suggest getting her pretty things for her desk that she most likely wouldn't get herself.
- Stationary Set - Every boss knows the importance of hand written letters, so get her a cool stationary set she can use whenever she needs to write a thank you note! This one by Kate Spade is gorgeous, which by the way, I've seen them in Marshalls and TJ Maxx.
- A high quality notebook - If she loves writing notes, she will most definitely enjoy anything by Moleskine.
- Cool pens - The definition of cool pens is Kate Spade gold pens! Am I right?!
- Coffee mug - Because there's a huge chance she's addicted to caffeine, get her a fun mug to sip through her hectic days. Some cool suggestions here, here and here.
- A relaxing luxury candle for her desk - Again, anything by Diptyque or Jo Malone will give her desk a luxury vibe she will surely enjoy!
click to shop:
Hope this helped! Let me know what you end up getting her. :)